birding-aus

A list from 20 years ago today

Subject: A list from 20 years ago today
From: Victoria Quinton <>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:21:24 -0800 (PST)

 Hello all,
  Has anyone good additional links for the books, in terms of pictures which
are online now?

 Is somebody creating wikipedia entries?

 I notice that some of the ones I looked at had been created this year, which
is yet young.

http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/our-projects/atlas-birdata.html
I happened upon a bird list which was from 20 years ago today.  It was on the
Mornington Peninsula.

  I do not have the exact co-ordinates for the area. I am adding links for the
benefit of those unfamiliar with the birds.

  Eastern Yellow Robin
http://www.austmus.gov.aufactsheetseastern_yellow_robin.htm
Grey Shrike Thrush

http://www.goldsmithsintheforest.com.au/Shrike%20Thrush.htm
  [I chose this option because it mentioned goldsmiths.  The area
mentioned may be in fire danger.  It is near where some of the major
bushfires were ]

Grey Fantail
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piwakawaka
  [I do not think I had taken in the fact of its having a Maori name too ]

  Kookaburra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra
Blue Wren

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superb_Fairy-wren
The book by Pauline Reilley which was an award-winner, is probably available
from http://www.birdobservers.org.au/
I think she wrote about the Western Australian variety of the Blue Wren though

Brown Thornbill

http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=114
Red-browed Firetail (sometimes Finch instead of Firetail)

http://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/amazing-animals/birds/?bird=finches&animal=red-browed_firetails

New Holland Honeyeater

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Holland_Honeyeater

  Crimson Rosella

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Rosella
  White Naped Honeyeater

   http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=147
  Crested Shrike Tit       [no snickering please;)]

   http://www.anbg.gov.au/cpbr/WfHC/Falcunculus-frontatus/index.html
Eastern Rosella

  http://www.fourthcrossingwildlife.com/EasternRosella.htm
Spotted Pardalote

  http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=118

Golden Whistler

  http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=16

  Victoria Quinton
 Victoria, Australia

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take
a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox