birding-aus

South America

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: South America
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:12:56 +1100
South America.

I talked with Russell earlier in an attempt not to be wantonly advertising with this. I don't want to and I'm not, OK: while this may appear commercial it's not, I get nothing from telling you this. On that note no correspondence will be entered into either!

As I'm working with a travel company I get advanced or very up to date notice of airfare deals and in these times there are likely to be a few more.

Knowing birders will travel anyway and notwithstanding V Australia's entry into SYD / Los Angeles market slashing prices by almost half this month there is also Lan Chile out with:

LAN Airlines Special fares to South America, for sales until 15 Mar 09 and departures 01 Mar - 31 Aug 09. Fares start from AUD960 from SYD to RIO/SAO & AUD970 from SYD to SCL, excluding taxes and fuel surcharges.

It is possible this will have an impact on Qantas fares to Buenos Aries too?

I am happy to help anyone who is interested with further info. and offer this advice as a "service" only. I'm also happy if you want to abuse me however note as above I will not be entering into any discussions (Don't send Russell any complaints either he is as aware as I am about not being advertising) :-)

Cheers

Alan