birding-aus

Birds Crashing into Buildings

To: "" <>
Subject: Birds Crashing into Buildings
From: Stephen Ransom <>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:05:15 +1100
Hello All.
I am interested in collecting information on this topic. All information is
welcome, but peer reviewed work is especially useful.
I work for a NGO<http://www.gbca.org.au/default.asp> that creates rating tools
for assessing the environmental impacts of different types of buildings.
I am trying to convince the board to incorporate a "bird strike minimization"
credit into our tools.
We all know that massive numbers of birds are killed each year by crashing into
windows and glass buildings.
This is especially true in the northern hemisphere, and there is a good chance
that a credit incorporated into Australian tools, will also be taken up by our
international counterparts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
Steve Ransom

[http://www.gbca.org.au/images/oct07/logo_gbc_masthead.gif]<http://www.gbca.org.au/>
[http://www.gbca.org.au/images/oct07/email/GC09.gif]<http://www.greencities.org.au>
     Stephen Ransom
Technical Coordinator
Green Building Council of Australia
 <>
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth St Sydney NSW 2000
Postal: PO Box Q78 QVB NSW 1230
Direct +612 8239 6267 | Office +612 8239 6200 | Fax +612 8252 8223
http://www.gbca.org.au<http://www.gbca.org.au/>
For a faster response, please use the direct line.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, any use, interference with, disclosure or
copying of this email is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please delete this email and notify us promptly. If you or your
employers do not consent to email messages of this kind, please advise us
immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in this
email are not given or endorsed by Green Building Council of Australia unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independently of this email.