birding-aus

Victorian Bushfires Update 9/2/2009

Subject: Victorian Bushfires Update 9/2/2009
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:50:32 -0800 (PST)
Paul

Thankyou for the detailed updates. I have not been able to get to the area
myself yet but am trying to prepare myself for the shocking scenes we may see
soon.

We have friends in St Andrews, breeders of Pyrenean Mountain Dogs (similar to
Maremmas) who lost their home AND dogs and are in hospital being treated for
burns and shock.

On a personal level this has been upsetting for me, and am getting flashbacks
of the wonderful times I had at their property playing with and photographing
puppies and listening to the wildlife (it was quite a haven for wildlife). I
had always promised myself to go back there just to do some bird watching. My
friends told me they would get mobs of Gang Gangs visiting to drink.

I am hoping to find some way to help but its a bit tricky while there isn't the
access.

regards

Cheryl

Message: 17