birding-aus

Bird watching - possible tour enquiry

To: <>
Subject: Bird watching - possible tour enquiry
From: Rebecca Ramsay <>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:17:16 +1100
Hello all Birding-Aus members,

I was directed to your website by Alan McBride. My Aunty is coming over from
England for a holiday and she is a keen bird watcher, particularly
interested in waders if I recall correctly. I was wondering if there¹s a day
or half day tour we could arrange for her in our area?

She will be staying between mine and my Mum¹s places; I¹m at Thirroul/
Wollongong and Mum¹s in Cambewarra/ Nowra. I was hoping there might be a
tour you could recommend that starts locally near either of these areas or
anywhere in between. Perhaps a half day tour?

I¹d really appreciate if you could get back to me with your suggestions and
also if you could let me know what sort of a cost is involved for a bird
watching expert/ enthusiast taking her, or for taking her + perhaps 1 or 2
others, or whether anyone does group tours in these areas? Ultimately,
Friday 6th March would be the best date in our schedule, but we can be
flexible with dates, so please let me know what suits you if such a tour is
possible.

Alan did mention that there are not a great deal of waders in these areas,
but that you may find some, however I wouldn¹t think she¹d mind seeing a
broader variety of wild Australian birds anyway!

With many thanks in advance,

Rebecca Ramsay.