birding-aus

Apostlebird in Brisbane

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Apostlebird in Brisbane
From: david taylor <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:35:30 +1000
Apostlebird 28/12/08 Anstead Bushland Reserve - SEQ A. Crawford 5 birds near lookout above quarry

I notice on the Birds Queensland website that 5 Apostlebirds were recorded at the Anstead Bushland ( in Brisbanes west) reserve by A Crawford recently

This would appear to me to be an extremely rare occurence or perhaps even a first record for Brisbane?

I have been unable to find any reference to Apostlebirds being found in the Brisbane area historically?

Certainly normally a bird found west of the divide.

Perhaps I'm wrong though and they have been recorded previously.

Would any members have any feedback? I keep a checklist of birds recorded in the Brisbane area on my website and will be adding Apostlebird, and so keen for feedback on its paucity.

cheers

David Taylor
Brisbane