birding-aus

Help please with pics of White-winged Black Terns

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Help please with pics of White-winged Black Terns
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:57:23 +1000
Hi, this is a request to the bird photographers for assistance.

I am having trouble with understanding the moult sequence of the White-winged Black Tern (WWTE) on the east coast of Australia. I have a lot of questions, and the more I learn, the less I know.

I am trying to take my own pics, but perhaps there is a quicker way. If anyone has pics with firm dates and locations of WWTE in the southern hemisphere, I would be so grateful if you would share them with me. Whilst single birds at rest are of interest, I am particularly interested in getting single birds in flight showing the upperwings.

WWTE arrive in my area around Christmas, although it can be earlier. They stay here until April, even into May sometimes.

I am also trying to get my head around the age compositions of the flocks at any specific time, so I am also looking for big MB pics of flocks so I can zoom in on individuals. The pics don't have to be recent, just dated and hopefully also located.

If anyone can help, sending pics my gmail account would be best. This bigpond account has limited box capacity, but gmail is great.

m("gmail.com","jilldening");">

Cheers,

Jill
--