birding-aus

Geurie Cemetery

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Geurie Cemetery
From: "Jan England " <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:50:29 +1000
As I was travelling south from Dubbo I decided I had to call in to Geurie
cemetery so often mentioned by David Geering as a great birdspot.  It is easy
to miss the turnoff but it is just south of the township.  Look for the
treatment plant and the cemetery is down behind that.  Within two minutes of
arrival, I found Diamond Firetails on the fence and then five minutes later a
Crested Shrike-tit as well as an assortment of other common species around the
cemetery.  This spot is well worth a stop as it is just off the highway on the
road to Wellington.

Jan