birding-aus

Spotting scopes (agian)

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Spotting scopes (agian)
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:28:50 +1100
I have an Olivon T65, but not the ED version. It works ok and others who have
used it have said it's ok. Certainly better than I expected for $360.  How much
is the ED version?

The cover it came with is not designed to be a stay on cover, but a tiny bit of
unstitching and cutting and it's now a stay on cover and no one can tell it's
an Olivon anymore.

I wish it had just a little more relief for use with my glasses, but it's
satisfactory.

I can use it at 48x in good light, but there isn't much more detail to be seen
than at 32x.

Just how waterproof it is is uncertain. Some websites say it's waterproof and
nitrogen purged, bit the Olivon website and the instruction booklet barely
mention such things. I rang the distributor and was told that it is indeed
waterproof and nitrogen purged, and that I could "dip it on a buicket of water
and it would be ok".  This issue might be clearer with the ED version.

I'd be interested to know what those others cost, which one you choose and what
you end of thinking of it.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry