birding-aus

Banded Stilt

To: <>
Subject: Banded Stilt
From: Marlis Sneden <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:56:09 +0000
Hi Birding-AUS:

My partner and I are visiting birdwatchers from California and greatly enjoyed
our extended birding trip in AUS.  However, there are always the ones that get
away. When we were visiting South Australia and Victoria last October, we
searched in vain for the Banded Stilt in many of the places where it has been
reported in the past.  We will give it another go during our return visit in
February and are hoping to get some help from you.  We would like to find out
if anyone has observed banded stilts in the general area of Melbourne or
elsewhere in Victoria.  Your help in finding this beautiful and elusive wader
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Marlis Mang Sneden