birding-aus

Birding on a 77,000 Tonne Cruise Ship (longish)

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Birding on a 77,000 Tonne Cruise Ship (longish)
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 19:25:34 +1100
Thanks for a very interesting report, Bill. I've often wondered what it would be like trying to do some birding during a cruise. There are some great tips in your report - particularly about the late dining booking!

I've done the Bass Strait ferry crossing a few times, but haven't seen many seabirds, despite sitting out on deck for all daylight hours of the trip. I must do a daytime crossing next.

Can I take this opportunity to thank all the wonderful contributors who make Birding-Aus such a valuable resource? I get plenty of people thanking me for running it, but that's not such a chore given the nature of the people who read the list and contribute to it. I'm also helped enormously by moderators Bill Stent and Karen Pearson. We're lucky to have such a generous community of birders who are willing to share their stories and knowledge.

I wish you all a happy and blessed Christmas and a safe holiday period.

Happy birding everyone!

Russell Woodford

Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia