birding-aus

Volunteers for QLD wide ibis census throughout December, to compliment N

To: <>
Subject: Volunteers for QLD wide ibis census throughout December, to compliment NSW ibis census.
From: "Gerard Ferguson" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:30:00 +1000
Hello all Northern NSW and Queensland members,

The link below gives some detail into a NSW state wide Australian White
Ibis census that is co-ordinated by the Australian Museum and New South
Wales Parks and Wildlife Service.

Call out for volunteers in ibis census
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/12/10/2442901.htm>
ABC Online - Australia
The white ibis is indigenous to Australia but also occurs in Papua New
Guinea and up to the Moluccas Islands in Indonesia. - Adapted from a
report by ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.abc.net.au/news/storie
s/2008/12/10/2442901.htm>

I am trying to organise a complimentary census of Australian White Ibis
throughout QLD/ Northern NSW. A collaborative approach along the Eastern
Seaboard of Australia is vital to our understanding of Nation wide ibis
population dynamics.

I am calling for volunteers to help out at a site near where you live at
some stage throughout the remainder of December (as close to the 15th
would be the best). I generally set aside about 1.5hrs prior to sunset
for a thorough count. Sites that I need help on include;

*         Knox Park (Murwillumbah NSW)

*         Murwillumbah Industrial ( Murwillumbah NSW)

*         Border Park Raceway (on the border NSW & QLD)

*         Aquarium Passage (Brisbane QLD)

*         Southbank

*         Timberland Place (Loganholme QLD)

*         Bibmulya Lagoon (Bribie Island QLD)

*         Tea Tree Swamp (Caboolture QLD)

*         Site near Dakabin Landfill (QLD)

*         Humpy Bong Creek (Redcliffe QLD)

*         Sites at Gympie

*         Toowoomba

If you or anyone you know (friends & family) want to get involved, let
me know and I will sort you out with the specific location, a data sheet
to record your results and a quick run down on what to do.

I would also like to broaden the scope to areas that I don't know
anything about (but I am sure must have some ibis colonies somewhere).
These areas include;

*         Logan

*         Ipswich

*         Warwick

*         Kingaroy

*         Maryborough

*         Gladstone

If you have any inside info on ibis colonies in these areas let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated;

Kind Regards,

Gerard Ferguson
Principal Biologist

  <http://www.ecosure.com.au/>
http://www.ecosure.com.au <http://www.ecosure.com.au>

po box 404 | west burleigh | qld | 4219
p +61 7 5508 2046 | f +61 7 5508 2544 | m 0437 100 367
e  <>

________________________________

This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and may
contain legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the
addressee and access to this message by any other person is not
permitted. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy, rely upon or otherwise use this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Computer
viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this
email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Ecosure accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.

"Ecosure are the proud winners of the 2008 Gold Coast Business Excellence Award
for Environmental Management"