birding-aus

Invasion of Indian crows sparks alert

To: "'Ian May'" <>
Subject: Invasion of Indian crows sparks alert
From: "Simon JR Muirhead" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:12:53 +1000
I am not sure where I ever suggested that it was the responsibility of
twitchers to remove a pest species?

This specimen should have been captured and dealt with by the appropriate
authorities just like they do in Western Australia a long time ago.

So I am an not sure I do understand what you mean.  I guess I don't
understand the obsession with " ticking off" an invasive species common all
over the world when we have so many fantastic and unique species in
Australia.

I am not either suggesting "Apocalypse Now". My only point is why anyone
would take an even .00001% chance of this species ever becoming established
in Australia? The authorities should just remove the bird and be done with
it.

Regards, Simon Muirhead BEnvSc MEIANZ

( Phone 0401 576 245

http://www.redbubble.com/people/gcfanta