birding-aus

Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfishers in Byfield, CQ

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfishers in Byfield, CQ
From: Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge <>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:49:37 +1000
Hi folks,
Bob asked about Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher sightings. Locally one was reported by Sue and Phil at Cassowary House, Kuranda (up behind Cairns) on 1/2nd November, 3rd November they were first seen at Daintree Village and here at Kingfisher Park, Julatten, one pair arrived on the 6th November and a further 5+ pairs on the 7th. This is quite late as our records from 1994 show the latest arrivals being 7th November and the earliest at the lodge 19th October. The arrivals this year coincided with a shift to Northerly winds.

Cheers,
Keith & Lindsay,
Blog: http://kingfisherparkbirdwatchers.blogspot.com/

Bob Black wrote:
I've just heard the first BBPK call for the year, at 14.50 today. As this
(Byfield, CQ) is the southernmost known regular breeding area, they usually
arrive here about a week after the Atherton area. As I haven't seen any
postings, I was wondering if anyone had heard them before today?
It's always magic to have them back.
Cheers, Bob Black ============================www.birding-aus.org