birding-aus

Mason Park waders. Do they "migrate" with tidal movement?

Subject: Mason Park waders. Do they "migrate" with tidal movement?
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:05:28 +1000
Perhaps Mason Park functions as a wader roost.

Regards, Laurie.

On 14/11/2008, at 9:23 AM,  wrote:

Hi

I have a dilemma. On Monday morning I was planning to get to Mason Park at around 7am to photograph the waders. However, I read a number of reports from past years and it would appear that waders disperse to places like Hen
and Chicken Bay when the tide is low?

Would that be a correct assumption? I am not sure if Mason is tidal at all.
Perhaps not and it is low tide on Monday at 5:54am.

If there is reality in the Hen and Chicken Bay ?migration? from other spots when tides are low, which part of the bay would be the best bet? I would assume the RHS (east side) along Wymston Pde perhaps due to the large flats
that are visible on Google Maps.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Akos