birding-aus

Eurasian Curlews at Labrador, SEQ?

To: "Tony Russell" <>, "'david taylor'" <>, "'L&L Knight'" <>, "'Andrew Stafford'" <>, "'Baus Aus'" <>
Subject: Eurasian Curlews at Labrador, SEQ?
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:28:46 +1000
Hi

All the previous comments have merit - but this weekend is certainly a
possibility - is there a chance of getting more detailed location
information?
Sometimes these reports - especially of three birds of this type of
species - is subject to a certain scepticism until proven otherwise -
and I really really really (!) don't mean to disparage anyone with that
observation. Please let's not get into that kind of argument - but it's
a fact of life, I believe!
Anyway - can we get more specific directions, please? Curlews seem to
return to the same roost on a regular basis - I know the ones at Manly
always seem to prefer the upper of the two mudpans - so maybe there is a
good chance they will still be using the same 'island'?
With best intentions!
Colin
Brisbane

--