birding-aus

Orange bellied Fruit Dove sighting in morningside Brisbane

To: <>
Subject: Orange bellied Fruit Dove sighting in morningside Brisbane
From: "Mandarin" <>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:13:38 +1000
There are no exotic fruit pigeons kept in captivity in Australia. Only the
native Rose-crowned and Purple-crowned.

It was probably one of these?

Steven

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:21:28 +1000
From: L&L Knight <>
Subject: Orange bellied Fruit Dove sighting in
morningside Brisbane
To: "Belinda Cassidy" <>

There seem to be lots of avicultural references to OBFD on the web.
Are they migratory?  (There doesn't seem to be much on web about the
normal behaviour of this species.)

Going by your description of it as a tame bird and its apparently
naive behaviour, I suspect the bird is an escapee.

Regards, Laurie.