birding-aus

Edithvale Painted Snipe

To: John Tongue <>
Subject: Edithvale Painted Snipe
From: John Tongue <>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 21:45:45 +1100
Hi again,
It was 'loafing' just where Peter Shute's Picasa Shots from yesterday (posted VERY early this morning!) showed it showed it to be - not actually visible from inside the hide at all, but easily (if not very satisfyingly) observable from outside the fence. Thanks Peter, and to the helpful volunteer who both pointed out it's 'loafing' location, and gave us directions to the Aspendale lakes.

Tomorrow for Lewin's Rail, Bitterns, etc, etc, etc!!!

Happy birding,
John Tongue,
Ulverstoe, Tas.