birding-aus

Fwd: [Birding-Aus] Fw: RFI: Mackay / Rockhampton / Brisbane

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Fwd: [Birding-Aus] Fw: RFI: Mackay / Rockhampton / Brisbane
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:03:39 +1000
A correction [I've just looked at a more detailed map].

The site I was referring to is actually Clairview [about 30 km] south of Carmila. I did some birding there in 2001 on my home from Northern Queensland. Clairview is a classic dry tropics spot for mangrove and coastal scrub species. There are accessible beaches at the northern end of the town and mangroves and vine scrub at the southern end.

I don't know whether it is still a sleepy coastal hollow or has been taken over by sea changers. It's 100 km south of Sarina a good spot to hop out of the car if you aren't locked into blasting along the bitumen.

Regards, Laurie.

Begin forwarded message: