birding-aus

RFI Bowra Station

To: (Birding-Aus)
Subject: RFI Bowra Station
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:05:39 +0000
Hey all,

Could someone please give me the contact information for the people who run
Bowra Station? I looked in the archeives, but couldn't find anything. I am
thinking about heading out there for November 13-16. Also, any advice for
birding out there? General good spots or specific locations for some of the
harder species.

In other news, I birded Lamington on the 24th. Really windy and cold. There was
a flock of Topnot Pigeons in the parking lot at OReilly's at dawn which gave
great views. 5 Noisy Pittas, 2 Albert's Lyrebirds, 1 Paradise Riflebird (male),
and 1 Rufous Scrub-bird singing. Got within a few meters of the bugger but he
wouldn't show himself (located about 7 km down border tract) Overall it was
pretty dead though cause of the wind. Birded down Duck Creek Road, but didn't
see much. A few Dollarbirds flying over the fields at the bottom. The pelagic
trip the next day out of Southport was fun. Gould's and Great-winged Petrels
being the highlights for me. Oh, picked up my life Eastern Reef Heron while at
the beach today at Burleigh Heads in the Gold Coast. I can't seem to get away
from all these lifers, :-)

Good Birding and Thanks for any info on Bowra,
Ross Gallardy
Robina, QLD