birding-aus

Digiscoping with Swarovski AT80

To: "John Clifton-Everest" <>, <>
Subject: Digiscoping with Swarovski AT80
From: "Peter Taylor" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:11:27 +0800
John
I have a Swarovski ATS80 with a 20-60x zoom which I use with a Canon A540 PowerShot camera. I bought the Swarovsksi DCA Zoom adaptor from the Birding Shop in Melbourne (now apparently $306 according to their website). It came with a selection of 4 adaptor rings, of which the M52mm fits the camera via a Conversion Lens Adaptor (Canon LA-DC52C) which I purchased separately from a camera shop in Perth for about $40. Ironically, I had the scope adaptor before I got the camera so I had to take the adaptor into a camera shop and find a camera to fit it rather than the other way round.

The DCA adaptor comes in 2 parts, one you can keep permanently on the scope and the other permanently on the camera (via its own adaptor in my case). The 2 halves connect quickly and easily when you need to take a picture.

cheers
Peter

Peter Taylor
Birding South West