birding-aus

Sydney Park Crimson Chats - dipped

To: Frank Hemmings <>
Subject: Sydney Park Crimson Chats - dipped
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:11:29 +1100
Frank hemmings reported that he missed the Crimson Chats this morning (8 Oct).
They are still at the site and were seen this morning between about 8 and 9 am
by Neville Lazarus, Hal Epstein and me (and I think Trevor Waller had been and
gone before I got there), so perhaps you were a bit early Frank?
They are hanging around in the small planted acacias on the northern and western
shores of the most southerly pond between the walking path and the pond.  From
what I saw this morning, they may often be in the trees as well as on the
ground.  They are quite flighty, with the female more likely to break before
the male.
Also plenty of Reed Warblers and a Little Grassbird carrying nesting material.
A great bird for my Sydney list, and I didn't even have to drive as the site is
less than 10 minutes walk from St Peters station and I was at work by 9:30.
Tom Wilson