birding-aus

where are all the ducks

Subject: where are all the ducks
From: Scot Mcphee <>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:46:48 +1000
Andrew Taylor wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:22:14AM +1000, kbrandwood wrote:
Hello everyone, the duck population in the Hawkesbury this winter
as been the worst I can ever remember.There is no shortage of
water with all lagoons full. Normally we have a large influx of
Pink-eared's Shoveler's and Hardheads over the winter months. Can
anyone shed any light on this, they must be somewhere.

Maybe on the Paroo?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/17/2366733.htm
or eslewhere in Queensland:
Well, there was a happy little family of wood ducks at U.Q. yesterday, grazing on the grass down by the lakes. Two adults and about 8 or so ducklings. Very cute. ;-)