birding-aus

Swift Parrots at Penrith

To: <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Swift Parrots at Penrith
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:08:18 +1000
Swifties still there today - found 3 despite the wind - probably the same tree
everyone else has seen them in at the childcare centre. I eventually found them
just before I had to leave, so if I had stayed I dare say there might have been
more. Initially I could only see one and then two arrived so I was pleased to
be able to see them in flight as well as feeding. They are more beautiful than
I had imagined (field guides often leave a lot to be desired, don't they?).

Plenty of other parrots around - Musk Lorikeets, Rainbow Lorikeets, Little
Corellas. Also quite a few Noisy Friarbirds around. In the same tree, however,
only Scaly-breasted Lorikeet and Noisy miner seen. Also saw a Straw-necked Ibis
in the high-school grounds.

thanks to everyone for the information, it was worth the trip down the mountain.

cheers,
Arwen
Lawson, Blue Mountains,
Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org