birding-aus

Menindee Lakes area

To: "Ross Bagpipe Bags Pty. Ltd." <>, ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Menindee Lakes area
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:16:44 +1000
Sonja,
I have travelled to Kinvhega NP (Menindee) in the last few weeks and was at
Pooncarie today for work. The roads are fine (the Menindee Pooncarie road can
get a bit rough and don't go if it has rained). Lakes Menindee & Cawndilla are
still dry (Mungo as well....) but Wetherill and Poomaroomaca (or however you
spell it) prbably have water (but I am uncertain of access to them).
The Top Hut Road to Mungo would be OK at the moment, but please note there is
no longer any fuel in Pooncarie so make certain you fill up in Menindee (or
have a big tank).
Spring is definitely upon us here, the closer to Wentworth you get the greener
things are (still dry but 10mm on the weekend has greened things up
considerably) and see my e-mail from last week to indicate some of the species
that are starting to appear.
Saw my first White-breasted Woodswallow for a couple of months at Pooncarie
today, and a single Night-heron was standing at the weir.
Otherwise, if you are after specific information contact me directly.
Cheers,
Peter> To: > From: > Date: Wed,
3 Sep 2008 12:45:45 +1000> Subject: [Birding-Aus] Menindee Lakes area> > Has
anyone been through the Mungo, Menindee and Mutawinji areas > lately or heard
what conditions are like there? Thanks, Sonja> ===============================>
mailing list, > send the message:> unsubscribe > (in the body of the message,
with no Subject line)> to: >