birding-aus

Bowerbirds at My Hypipamee, north Queensland

To: "Fiona Anderson" <>
Subject: Bowerbirds at My Hypipamee, north Queensland
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:14:37 +1000
Fiona,
I was also there last week. No birds at all in the laurels which still have
fruit and no sign of the Fernwrens either!

On Sunday we had Sittella, White-winged Triller and Metallic Starling in
Yungaburra. The first two are not common here and the last are early again this
year. This has been a new trend since 2006 when they seemed to have bypassed
the lowlands and come straight here. Normally they arrive with young in tow,
having bred first on the coast before having another go up here.
Regards,
Alan