birding-aus

Saving Cranebrook and Sartor

To: <>
Subject: Saving Cranebrook and Sartor
From: "Kurtis Lindsay" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:46:17 +1000
Hi all,

A location like Cranebrook is one of the last remnants of Cumberland Plain left in the world! I don't think many 'everyday' people realise the importance of these last remaining pockets of this precious habitat, for both wildlife (birds and every other vertebrate, invertebrate species, some of which are seriously threatened) and the rest of the natural environment. Decc has listed Cumberland plain as endangered and mentions that there is only 6% of the original stands remaining!

The amount of Cumberland plain which has been cleared in the last 20 odd years just seems ridiculous, how can this continue to go on unchecked like this? This is just as bad as the rainforest felling in Indonesia and south America, but most of those places are in the third world! This is Australia, we have the knowledge about the importance of places like Cranebrook, I just don't understand how crooks like Sartor seem to keep letting these places go.

I'd rather see Sartor hanged from the branch of a grey box eucalypt than watch more getting cut down for this silly urbanization massacre we're being put through.

Kurtis Lindsay