birding-aus

Birding Bucket List

To: "'Graham Turner'" <>, "'Baus'" <>
Subject: Birding Bucket List
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:23:56 +1000
Yes - all the Grasswrens is an obvious desire that I'm sure most of us have
(I am still missing four!).  But the ones I REALLY want to see are the
"easy" ones that I still haven't got!

For me the three are: imagine living in Central Victoria, and having seen
every single Honeyeater in Australia - except the Regent.  And having three
Quail-thrushes, but not the Spotted. And just where is that damned
White-throated Nightjar!?

PS: Had a beautiful sunny afternoon today chasing LBJ's and trying to get a
few decent pics.  Axedale is between Bendigo & Heathcote in Central Vic and
we are in the middle of ~100 acres of native woodland.  Had Yellow and
Buff-rumped Thornbills, Weebill, Mistletoebird, Red-capped and Scarlet
Robins, Spotted and Striated Pardalotes and Superb Fairy-wrens.  And of
course, none of them sit still for more than 2 seconds!!

Bob Cook
Axedale  VIC.