birding-aus

MORE PICS-Brown Goshawk V Collared sparrowhawk

To: "Peter Shute" <>
Subject: MORE PICS-Brown Goshawk V Collared sparrowhawk
From: "Belinda Cassidy" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:35:30 +1000
Hi Peter,

Yeah, i see what you mean. Yes the photos were taken at different months of
this year.The flight shots are recent, and the perched shots are from April,
during a moult.  Sorry for not mentioning it.

 I included two other pics of the male in flight for you. The one where he
looks like he has a rounded tail in my other messages are probably a bit
deceptive, as the pair were flying at great speed. The top two pics (below)
are pretty much how his tail looks when he's just gliding about.

The bottom two pics (along with the one you posted)  were taken in late
April, prior (or during) a molt. He's the same bird, that part we are sure
of.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/Serenity-photos/male-2.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/Serenity-photos/male-1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/Serenity-photos/male-4.jpg