birding-aus

Unknown call

To: "Paul & Irene Osborn" <>, <>
Subject: Unknown call
From: "Rosemary Royle" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:28:02 +0100
Ah, the Chew Chew call!!

This drove me mad during our 2006 camper van trip to eastern Oz. I would lie
there in bed hearing this call at dawn and would throw on some clothes and try
to track it down as soon as it got light enough - but then it always stopped!!
I worked it out by a process of elimination as we heard it in several different
places which had rather different sets of birds - there were only a few in
common. Then I eventually clinched it by seeing a bird doing it during the day
- but that was after about a fortnight of frustration!.

Certainly brings back memories!

Rosemary Royle
Wales, UK