birding-aus

Crested Pigeon food

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Crested Pigeon food
From: "Terry Bishop" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:22:57 +1000
        I feed the pigeons in the backyard to help them out. OK stop
growling folks!!! It is a supplement amount rather than a dependency during
any harsh conditions.

        My very strict scientific method is to put a 1 pile large parrot
seed and one of small parrot seed out.
The Crested go for the small and the Bronzewing go for the large every time.
The only difference in the same brand seed is there is no cracked corn in
the small. The Sparrows fight over the millet in both.