birding-aus

Little Grassbird site in Brisbane / Winter sightings

Subject: Little Grassbird site in Brisbane / Winter sightings
From: "Michael Atzeni" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:03:00 +0800
RE: Tony Eales recent RFI, I posted a report from my father of a
Little Grassbird in the Lota area on the Toowoomba Bird Observers
forum on 6 April. Details under Autumn Sightings / Autumn Beyond 2008
at:

http://toowoombabirdobservers.org.au/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Item
id=29

In the Lockyer Valley, Lake Apex Gatton - along the embankment
between it and Lake Freeman - is always worth a try. Also Lake
Galletly at UQ, Gatton, although I haven't seen one there in recent
years. Anyone else?

Re Winter sightings, if birding within 250km of Toowoomba this winter
(20 days left!) please consider helping out with the 200-odd
unreported species listed under Winter Sightings / Winter Beyond 2008
topic at above forum link.  We began with a target list of 413
species. Let's see how many we can whittle it down to.

The 250 km radius defining the BEYOND (Toowoomba) region extends to:

* Gayndah, Tairo and Tin Can Bay to the north
* The coast between Tin Can Bay and Ballina to the east, including
offshore sightings
* About 30 km north of Glen Innes, to the south
* About 30 km south of Goondiwindi, to the southwest
* West to Westmar and Erringibba NP (just east of Glenmorgan on the
Surat-Tara Rd), and
* about 10km west and northwest of Miles

Cheers
Mick Atzeni
Toowoomba QLD 4350