birding-aus

Canning Stock Route in September 2008 and search for Princess Parrot

Subject: Canning Stock Route in September 2008 and search for Princess Parrot
From: Donald Kimball <>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 10:59:01 -0700 (PDT)

After many years of hoping to do so I will be traveling to Australia,
scheduling my arrival at the end of this
month.  My tentative itinerary has me in your gorgeous country for about 6
months, arriving in about 3 weeks!  This
trip has come about in a last minute fashion with not as much time as I would
have liked to prepare and make contacts.

More to the point, I am searching folks who would like to
team up and pool knowledge and resources to travel into Princess
Parrot habitat via the Canning Stock Route. I have certainly visited
some very wild areas around the globe before but I realize that this is a
serious undertaking and not to be taken lightly.  Thus having said so I am
hoping to connect with another experienced outback birder who would be up for
the adventure.  One would welcome the sharing of expenses, comradery and
safety precautionary measures.  Quite honestly I wasnʼt sure how to get
the word out among local Aussie folks that might be interested so decided to try
here.

I would be delighted to hear of anyone who might be up for
a princess adventure and thanks to the moderators for such a wonderful and
informative resource!

 Cheers and warm wishes!

 Don Kimball   (415)-259-1389