birding-aus

Re: Over-wintering Red-Bellied Pitta

Subject: Re: Over-wintering Red-Bellied Pitta
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:00:37 +1000
Hello Tim,

Yes, some Red-bellied Pitta definitely overwinter. When I was up at Iron Range last.... maybe winter 2004, I photographed one. I suspect that they just don't call and so are very hard to see.

Cheers

Mick

Michael Todd
Wildlifing: Images of Nature: www dot wildlifing dot com
Latest Images: Orange-bellied Parrot, Beautiful Firetail, Fieldwren
PhD Candidate- Tasmanian Masked Owl
School of Zoology, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 05, Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Mobile: 0458 394676

Message: 3