birding-aus

Egrets: 3 species in one flock, SE Queensland.

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Egrets: 3 species in one flock, SE Queensland.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:43:02 +1000
For some time now I have been hoping to capture a photo of Eastern Great, Intermediate and Little Egrets in the same frame.
Today (23 rd July) was the day.
The three species are regulars at Godwin Beach just north of Brisbane, Queensland, 'just down the road' from where I live. It was a miserable and wet day here today but, on the off chance, I visited this favourite egret spot and found a small flock of egrets which contained the three species.

I have uploaded some photos to the WWW and they can be seen at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptiloris463/sets/72157606331505697/

or go to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptiloris463/
and click on the 3 in 1 Set.

Godwin Beach is near Bribie Island a short distance north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Brisbane UBD Refidex Map 62 A1.

Bob Inglis
(in Egret Paradise)
Sandstone Point