birding-aus

bkack falcon

To: "Graham Turner" <>
Subject: bkack falcon
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:26:35 +1000
Hi Graham,

Not at all, I never said I didn't believe Richard.  However, he did list two
ID features that I don't believe are exclusive to Black Falcons so I felt it
worth pointing out.  Having worked at the Broome Bird Observatory and at
Birds Australia has taught me not to discount anything in terms of what
strange birds might show up in various places.  It also taught me that even
very competent experienced birders can make mistakes too.  So I make a habit
of making sure people use the right ID features to identify difficult
species.

Regards,
Chris