birding-aus

Re: Seeing things

To: "'Peter Shute'" <>, "'Tony Ashton'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Seeing things
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:38:36 +1000
Peter,

The latest fad in DSLRs is live preview. This involves raising the mirror
and turning the rear LCD into a live image from the sensor.

Advantages are: No mirror shake, no need to look through the viewfinder.

Disadvantages are: Much greater battery consumption, inability to compose
the picture through the viewfinder.

I guess the manufacturers feel that this gives users the best of both worlds
- use of the camera as a true SLR or use of the camera like a "compact"
digital.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Melbourne