birding-aus

RFI little stint at WTP

To: "Peter Marsh" <>
Subject: RFI little stint at WTP
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:42:05 +1000
Hi Peter,
I dipped my first try on Monday, but just got back from looking (and
photographying) at the bird (Approx. 3.00pm today)
If you enter at the Beach Rd gate and continue on the middle track (not
the coastal track), you can get good views of it in the first two lagoons
to your right. (looking towards the bay from the road).
Both these lagoons were previously always too full for any wader habitat,
but now have exposed rocks and mud. The first lagoon has exposed rocks and
the stint can be seen feeding/roosting around these. These second lagoon
(around the bend) has exposed mud banks and  the little stint has also
been seen here.
Most of the stints are colourless, so the little stint standing out with
its rufous/chestnut markings. So if its there its pretty hard to miss.
I've put a couple of pics i got today on the "Oz Twitcher" page of my
website (http://www.peterfuller.com.au).
Here's a direct link to two photos:

http://www.peterfuller.com.au/twitcher/wtp/littlestint.html
Cheers,
Peter

"Peter Marsh" <>
Sent by:
16/07/2008 02:02 PM

"birding-aus" <>
cc

Subject
[Birding-Aus] RFI little stint at WTP

Dear Birders,
A Little Stint was reported at  Werribee WTP outside Melbourne last
weekend. I wonder if anyone has seen this bird or has dipped in looking
for it.
Regards
Peter Marsh