birding-aus

A birding site guide to Sydney

To: <>
Subject: A birding site guide to Sydney
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:32:57 +1000
Hi all,

I had to make a website for a subject I did at uni last semester, and as that
semester is now in the past, I can make the site public after pulling down all
the superfluous assessment stuff. What I did was make a bit of a directory of
places to go birding in the Sydney area, with directions, satellite map shots,
and a bit of an idea of what birds are to be found there.

This is in no way a comprehensive list of places to go birding in Sydney, it is
more a list of places that I go birding and have found good for me - they may
be absolutely shockingly bad for you, although I would hope not!

You can get to it here - http://users.tpg.com.au/mrtroy/birding/index.html

I've done this as an assessment task, and thought I'd make it available in case
someone out there finds it useful, rather than just delete it now that semester
is over. If you want to suggest any places, please feel free to contact me - I
will add to it over time.

And in some birding news - there were quite a few Black-browed, 1 Wandering,
and at least 1 Yellow-nosed Albatross, several Fluttering Shearwater, at least
1 White-fronted Tern, several Gannets, a few Fairy Prion, a Kelp Gull, around
30 Humpback Whales, and a Fur Seal at Mistral Point, Maroubra this morning.
There were also 7 people there birding (and/or whale-watching) over the course
of the morning - does that make it a party?

Cheers
Troy