birding-aus

Re Chirruping Wedgebill or Crested Bellbird

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re Chirruping Wedgebill or Crested Bellbird
From: "Carol Abbott" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:35:54 +1000
Hi All

I am looking for some ID help.
I was at Bowra  last month and saw a bird a couple of times, first thinking
that this was automatically Chirruping Wedgebill. However on consulting the
guides, I started to have doubts. The bird didn't display the erect crest
normally associated with the wedgebill but also didn't quite fit the other
potential suspect - Crested Bellbird. We have seen Chiming Wedgebill before
which had the erect crest. Is this possibly a female Crested Bellbird ?

http://picasaweb.google.com/SuperbFairywren/BirdQuery?authkey=FOsjvAqUEng

Carol Abbott