birding-aus

A few threads keep coming up

Subject: A few threads keep coming up
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:19:13 +0800 (WST)
G'day all

I've been a member of BA since 1996 and am aware that many of us are
recent arrivals to the forum.

There are several threads that turn up regularly every year or so.
'Twitching rules' is one of them.  So is 'cats', 'flags', 'cannon' and
'banding'.  These came quickly to mind but their must be a few more.  All
have been done to death.  All polarise opinion.  All have the potential to
get out of hand (as the current one is threatening to do).

I would urge everyone to think carefully before they post aggressive,
abusive messages on open forums.  These things are in the public domain
forever.

I would also urge everyone to have a search of archives to see if a
subject has been dealt with before and if they have anything new to offer.

Just now I found:

twitching - 573 hits
cats - 808 hits
flags - 228 hits