birding-aus

The Garden of Eden (Foya Mountains, Indonesia)

To: <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: The Garden of Eden (Foya Mountains, Indonesia)
From: "Michelle Plant" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:08:51 +1000
It is also terribly concerning -

Where do the wild things get to live without our presence - some of those critters have very clearly been habituated.

It troubles me that such a 'paradise' is being exposed.. for human interest... it is not in those critters best interest for us to know of them.

It made me think - how clever the Indonesians were for so long to have set a boundary to keep 'us' out.... and why after all that time - did they let us in...

Can people be trusted to just admire from afar - without the 'need' to go... it will be like a candy store for some...

It truely frightens me.... at some point we must restrain ourselves - surely! I know most of us are very lovely - but in numbers we are really quite destructive... depite our best intentions.