birding-aus

Savanah cat importation

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Savanah cat importation
From: john hammond <>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:31:35 +1030
I have not been out for some time but a few years back a mate of mine and
myself used to help a property owner rid his land of pests. We shot many feral
cats and were always amazed at how big they had become living in the wild.
Birds and native wildlife aside for a moment when these cats escape and enter
the wild (cats being cats anyone who thinks they wont is a blithering idiot)
they will increase in size to a point where i believe they could be a threat to
small children on surrounding property. This of course will probably not affect
the fools wanting to import these creatures with the only thought being their
hip pocket. A big cat is a very different animal to a dog of the same or even
bigger size. They are born killers, masters of stealth and once established in
the bush take some very hard work to eradicate. I cant believe we would be so
stupid as to think that just like the smaller domestic cat these things wont
end up feral. Yes there are responsible cat owners but that hasn't stopped
domestic cats nearly destroying some of our most precious wildlife. Imagine the
carnage a cat of this size could reek on our larger bird species in and around
wetland areas etc. My next statement will no doubt offend the cat loving
birding aus's out there but i firmly believe that the only good cat in
Australia is one with a bullet flying through its brain.    Regards, and death
to all Indian mynahs, common starlings, cane toads, carp, domestic cats and
soon to be savanah cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!  John Hammond
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org