birding-aus

Broadwater islands lost to Russian birds

To: David Taylor <>
Subject: Broadwater islands lost to Russian birds
From: peter crow <>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:47:21 +1000
Hello David and others,

Firstly the gold Coast Bulletin is in my opinion, possibly the least accurate and the biggest joke as a newspaper I've encountered> If it published an accurate story i would be surprised. there fore no surprise or shock re its inaccurate reporting.

What does disappoint me is the replies from members of this list who waste words on trivialities while ignoring the real problem which is the further destruction of wader habitat in Moreton Bay. The Southport Broadwater is the southern extremity or Moreton Bay.

Surely we should all be jumping up and down concerning this destruction of habitat.

Go to the GC Bulletin web site and post your comment below the article.

It appears that wader numbers are steadily decreasing. I don't have on hand current figures from Qld Wader sSudy Group which does monthly counts but from memory I think numbers of every species have declined over the last decade.

Regards

Peter

The following article fills the front page of todays Gold Coast Bulletin and a page inside - RAMSAR at work and one for the birds I say!

David Taylor
Brisbane

27Jun08  Front page Gold Coast Bulletin

Broadwater islands lost to Russian birds