birding-aus

FW: MAROUBRA SWIMMING POOL CAR PARK, OPPOSITE JUNCTION OF SACKVILLE ST A

To: <>
Subject: FW: MAROUBRA SWIMMING POOL CAR PARK, OPPOSITE JUNCTION OF SACKVILLE ST AND MARINE PARADE, MAROUBRA, SYDNEY - 20.6.08
From: "Graham Buchan" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:18:08 +1000
Some of you may enjoy this...

Steve,

The car park is located as shown above.

The Des Renford Pool would not hold Humpbacks as the tile colours (bright
red) clash with the more somber blues, greys and whites of the Humpbacks and
we all know what fashionistas the Humpies can be - there is also the poo
problem (the kids not the whales). Threshers have only been recorded at Des
Renford once, during the now infamous LSD in the water trials in 1969 (see
Hallucinogenic Effects on a Random Sample of Children between 2 and 12 years
old. Hendrix, J., Floyd P. et al. 1970. Journal of Applied Psychotropic
Agents pp 67-75.). Northern Giant-Petrels are too afraid of the 'Bra Boys to
venture inland, having been allegedly ejected from the Surf Life-Saving Club
in 1995 for mistakenly snorting the toilet bleach (Abberton, K. et al).

Cheers,

Graham