birding-aus

Chasing Birds - great film!

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Chasing Birds - great film!
From: "Alan Stuart" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:33:17 +1000
I'm somewhat surprised that there has been no commentary yet about the
Sydney Film Festival showing of Chasing Birds.  It was screened on Sunday
afternoon in Sydney to a sold-out audience, about 1/3 of whom were birdos
(they asked for a show of hands before it started).

It was a big success - very entertaining for all.  The film featured three
teams from the 2003 Twitchathon, somewhat caricatured but that was not
overdone.  Even my (non birding) wife and kids enjoyed it.

I hope it makes it to TV eventually - apparently an SBS screening gets
talked about sometimes.

Well done to all involved.

Alan Stuart