birding-aus

FW: Black breasted button quail

To: birding aus <>
Subject: FW: Black breasted button quail
From: john hammond <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:20:07 +1030

From: : : Re: Black breasted button
quailDate: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:19:04 +1030

Yes Tony i am the John you met at the Enoggera dam on saturday morning and i
was wondering if i would hear from you! It would seem we have made quite a
discovery. You said when i found you on the track again that you had seen some
funny looking quail and had to go home and look them up, but i never would have
thought BBBQ! If i had not seen the female i don't think i would have had the
guts to call it either regardless of the black showing on the males. As i said
in my post i got a fantastic look at the two males you observed and a female. I
did go back this morning to try and find them but alas birds will be birds and
they were a no show. Well done on the tick mate and maybe one day we can hook
up and find them again together. Regards John Hammond..

From: : : BBBQDate: Sun, 15 Jun 2008
01:11:35 +0000

Hi John,Firstly are you the John I met at Enoggora chasing the Robins? In any
case I'm so glad you saw the female BBBQ and posted to Birding Aus as I saw the
two males in that same area and was also struck by the black on the breast but
couldn't, with my brief views, rule out Brown or Painted Button Quail. Makes a
fabulous armchair tick for me too! Thanks again, see you 'round the
traps.Cheers Tony

at CarPoint.com.au It's simple! Sell your car for just $30
Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org