birding-aus

Flocks of Topknot Pigeons

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Flocks of Topknot Pigeons
From: "Jan England " <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:27:48 +1000
Here on the Sunshine Coast at Palmwoods, we have had huge flocks of Topknot
Pigeons of up to 100 birds going over each day for over a week as they make
their way from the range to the coast or vice versa.

We have also had more than our share of rain with over 350 mls at my place.
Luckily I overlook the creek and am not in its path so it was an interesting
spectacle and the ducks loved it!  I've never seen so many around before.  They
just fly upstream, then float down and then repeat the process.

Jan