birding-aus

failed Regent Honeyeater search

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: failed Regent Honeyeater search
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:33:49 +1000

Dear all

A recent visit to my sister in Murrurundi gave me an excuse to look for Regents in that area. Went on 27th May to where I have seen good flowering in Ironbarks and box trees in the past at a spot near Quipolly Old Dam (Quirindi NSW area) - this time once again no Regents buts lots of Noisy Friarbirds, Musk Lorikeets, Eastern Rosellas and Noisy Miners.

Coming home on 28 May, stopped at Burning Mountain car park, between Murrurundi and Wingen. Here National Parks have planted lots of red flowering ironbarks, now well grown and at present full of blossom. Also full of Noisy Friarbirds, Noisy Miners, Eastern Rosellas and Musk Lorikeets, but no Regents. Also one very quiet Blue-faced Honeyeater and a Crimson Rosella. I keep hoping this area will turn up a Regent as there are sometimes good flowering in the gums and box trees, but so far, no luck.