birding-aus

Dollarbird at Blue Gum Lake Perth WA

To: <>
Subject: Dollarbird at Blue Gum Lake Perth WA
From: John Graff <>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:52:01 +1030
Hi all

The Dollarbird was present again this morning (31st May) from 9:20 - 10:05am
(when I left at 10:05, it was still there) on the north western edge of the
lake, perched on a dead tree in a dried out part of the lake.

I called my brother, who came out with dad and a camera, albeit not a very
high-powered one, but did manage a record shot which he has kindly posted
online at
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/IAMTHELLAMA/CopyofIMG_1032.jpg?t=1212214498

Other birds present included two Australian Hobbies, a Great Egret (or Eastern
Great Egret, as it is now apparently), a Brown Goshawk and good numbers of both
wattlebirds. A Moaning Frog was also heard for a while

Apologies for slightly delayed notice, my internet has been misbehaving as a
result of the thunderstorms that are hanging around.

Cheers
John Graff